Sweet Basil Italian is an improved selection of the common sweet basil variety. The variety Italian has been selected for its superior cultivation characteristics, most specifically the delayed onset of flowering, which generally marks the end of the harvesting period for common basil varieties. Whilst Sweet Basil Italian will eventually flower, regular deep trimming, will prolong the vegetative phase of growth, ensuring you continue to harvest bunches and bunches of tender crispy basil for many months. Sweet Basil Italian is an improved selection of the common sweet basil variety.
Advantages of Sweet Basil Italian
- Famous Italian basil flavour (often used in the best focacia, pizza, pasta dishes - not the chewy, fury perennial basil varieties!)
- Desirable tender-leafed basil, better for salads and cooking, not just garnishes!
- Harvestable for an extended period as this is a slow bolting variety (delayed onset of floral development)
- 30-60cm height at maturity
- Plant in herb garden, allowing at least 30cm space
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow garden herb
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Sweet Basil Italian
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes