Arthropodium Cirratum Matapouri Bay™ is an exotic Rock Lily grown for its attractive structural foliage that is accentuated by spectacularly beautiful pink buds and white star shape flowers during the warmer months.
Arthropodium Cirratum Matapouri Bay™ is the most popular of all the Arthropodium variety as it is a very strong garden performer which is very drought tolerant, requires very little maintenance and is very resilient towards many common pests and diseases.
As can be seen in the photo, Arthropodium Cirratum Matapouri Bay™ is often planted under established trees where it is generally very difficult to get other plant varieties established, however Arthropodium Cirratum Matapouri Bay™ often thrives in these difficult conditions, once the plant is established.
Unlike many of the common and wild varieties of Arthropodium which tend to flower infrequently and generally shed excessive leaves post-flowering, the Arthropodium Cirratum Matapouri Bay™ variety is specifically suited to landscape applications because of its superior performance. Arthropodium Cirratum Matapouri Bay™ plants are often planted with Strelitzia Reginae Bird of Paradise TCF3™ as the contrasting (green on silver foliage) and counter-cyclical flowering provide year round performance. When designing gardens with Arthropodium Cirratum Matapouri Bay™, planting with a plant variety which provides a textured contrast generally highlights the bold beauty.
Arthropodium Cirratum is also know as the "Renga Renga Lily".
Advantages of Arthropodium Cirratum Matapouri Bay™
- Beautiful pink buds and star shaped flowers
- Long flowering season producing scented flowers
- Strong healthy vegetative strappy growth ideal for landscaping
- Drought-tolerant perennial plant results in dense clumps of attractive structural foliage
- Extra-low maintenance (suitable for borders, pots and mass plantings)
- 50 - 60cm height at maturity (will clump to 60cm)
- 40 - 50cm apart is suitable planting distance for clumping
- Flowers warmer months (spring, summer, autumn)
- Suitable for part-shade and full sun
- Extremely drought tolerant
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Perennial plant fully mature in 2 years
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Arthropodium Cirratum Matapouri Bay™
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes