Armeria Pseudarmeria MG Mix is an extremely hardy compact evergreen perennial plant growing to approximately 15cm that produces spectacularly elegant dwarf agapanthus-like, flowers in a spectrum of colours including white, pink to purple on spikes approximately 35 - 40cm tall. Armeria varieties provide spectacular colour, are generally easy to grow and do well with very little attention, provided they are planted in relatively well-drained soils that do not get (or stay) wet for extended periods of time.
This heavy flowering variety of Armeria, Armeria Pseudarmeria MG Mix produces long-lasting flower spikes that provide months of brilliant colour and are suited perfectly for rockery gardens, pots, or neglected areas in cottage gardens. If planted with spacing under 30cm apart, Pseudarmeria MG Mix can also be used as an informal groundcover as the plant tuffs join together forming a beautiful deep green blanket that comes alive with beautiful pink flowers in Spring and throughout the warmer months.
This variety is suitable for covering large larger landscape areas, however, if you are after a premium variety with larger and longer lasting flowers, please consider the varieties in the Armeria Kai Hybrids Range. Armeria Pseudarmeria MG Mix is an improved cultivar of Armeria pseudarmeria.
Important note: Armeria plants are heavy flowering, hardy evergreen plants often grown to provide brilliant agapanthus-like garden colour. Whilst most agapanthus varieties provide great colour, unfortunately pink and red flowering varieties are not available. Fortunately, Armeria varieties (particularly the Kai Hybrids™) provide an excellent option to add high-performance colour, to your garden. Armeria varieties belong to the A. x hybrida genus-species and are not members of the Agapanthus family. However, these plants will flower in brilliant red, pink or white colour as indicated in the respective listing, unlike the varieties deceptively passed-off as "Pink Agapanthus" or other imaginary variants. The pink-tinged agapanthus varieties are sterile and can only be grown through aseptic techniques (tissue-culture), not from seed, therefore anyone claiming to supply pink flowering agapanthus seeds should be treated suspiciously, as they are often also the same sellers selling blue raspberries and black strawberries, also clearly fake products. To reiterate, anyone selling PINK AGAPANTHUS SEEDS, is SELLING FAKES.
Advantages of Armeria Pseudarmeria MG Mix
- Spectacularly beautiful flower spikes
- Spectrum of flower colours from white through to pink and purple
- Very heavy flowering variety
- Beautiful deep green foliage
- Drought and salt tolerant
- Extended flowering variety
- 30 - 40cm height at maturity
- 40cm apart is a suitable planting distance or closer (25cm) if a groundcover effect is desired
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Requires well drained soil
- Easy to grow flowering perennial
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Armeria Pseudarmeria MG Mix
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes