Armeria Kai Hybrid Red is a newly released ultra-modern Armeria variety selected for its compact growth habit and brilliant pure red flowers (also available in white, Kai Hybrid White and pink, Kai Hybrid Pink).
Armeria Kai Hybrid Red is an extremely hardy compact evergreen perennial plant growing to approximately 15cm that produces spectacularly bright red flowers on elegant dwarf agapanthus-like spikes approximately 30 - 35cm tall. Armeria varieties provide spectacular colour, are generally easy to grow and do well with very little attention, provided they are planted in relatively well-drained soils that do not get (or stay) wet for extended periods of time.
This heavy flowering variety of Armeria, Armeria Kai Hybrid Red produces long-lasting flower spikes that provide months of brilliant colour and are suited perfectly for modern landscapes (deep green hardy foliage, year round) as well as rockery gardens, pots, or neglected areas in cottage gardens. If planted with spacing under 30cm apart, Armeria Kai Hybrid Red can also be used as an informal groundcover as the plant tuffs join together forming a beautiful deep green blanket that comes alive with beautiful red flowers in Spring and throughout the warmer months.
Advantages of Armeria Kai Hybrid Red
- Spectacularly beautiful brilliant red flower spikes
- Very heavy flowering variety
- Beautiful deep green foliage year round
- Drought and salt tolerant
- Extended flowering variety
- 30 - 40cm height at maturity
- 40cm apart is a suitable planting distance or closer (25cm) if a groundcover effect is desired
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Requires well drained soil
- Easy to grow flowering perennial
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Armeria Kai Hybrid Red
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes