Antigonon Cherry Blossom Coral Vine is a fast growing evergreen climber with glossy dark green leaves that produces beautiful bougainvillea like cherry blossom flowers in a striking bright purple (magenta). The flowers of Antigonon Cherry Blossom Coral Vine are very long lasting and generally provide a spectacular display of cheerful colour from Spring through to Autumn, as this is a repeat flowering variety.
Antigonon Cherry Blossom Coral Vine is perfect for growing along fences, on a trellis, throughout an established tree, trimmed into an informal hedge or many other applications, as the evergreen foliage provides a consistently stunning display, unlike many other climbers that very quickly get quite wood and either need to be removed or at least pruned. Notwithstanding the above, this variety responds well to a deep trip in late-Autumn, ensuring after the overwintering period, the plant will burst into a huge coverage of flowers by early Spring.
Antigonon Cherry Blossom Coral Vine is a very strong garden performer which is drought and mildly frost tolerant once established, requires very little maintenance and is very resilient towards many common pests and diseases. Like all Antigonon varieties, this is a relatively large growing plant and therefore should not be planted into small areas where a large plant could be problematic, i.e. beside the house near a narrow walkway.
Advantages of Antigonon Cherry Blossom Coral Vine
- Spectacular bright purple flowers
- Repeat flowering variety
- Ideal for trellis or screen
- Perennial evergreen climber
- 2 - 3m height in 2 years, however can grow to 4m+ at maturity
- 1m apart is suitable planting distance
- Suitable for part-shade and full sun
- Drought & mildly frost tolerant (once established)
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy evergreen perennial climber
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Antigonon Cherry Blossom Coral Vine
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes