Amaranthus Tricolor Early Splendor is a variety of Amaranthus also known as Summer Poinsettia (famous red leaved Christmas plant), is a colourful addition to any garden during the warmer months. The kaleidoscope of red toned colour from this fast growing variety starts with the bright purple growing tips, quickly turning purple-red as the leaves grow, eventually turning a deep burgundy colour.
Used widely to provide tall colour in garden beds and mass-plantings, with colour extending from early Spring through to Autumn. In its native habitat in Asia, the leaves of Amaranthus Tricolor Early Splendor are believed to be used as a colourful garnish in cooking and salads, however we suggest this be used as an ornamental only, and perhaps plant some Nasturtiums (available in the Herbs section of our store) if an edible garnish is required. This variety is best grown in warmer regions or a sheltered aspect in cooler areas as Amaranthus Tricolor Early Splendor is not frost hardy.
Advantages of Amaranthus Tricolor Early Splendor
- Fast growing colourful annual
- Easy to grow and low maintenance
- Resistant to most common pests and diseases
- 80 - 100cm height at maturity
- 25 - 30cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most frost-free regions
- Hardy fast growing annual
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Amaranthus Tricolor Early Splendor
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes