Alyssum Lavender at Dusk is an easy to grow annual, which produces spectacular mounds of fragrant mauve flowers with little effort. Alyssum Lavender at Dusk is a compact variety of Alyssum, which flowers very quickly and produces beautiful flowers throughout the year. This self-seeding variety is an ideal cottage plant, as it will generally grow as a quasi-perennial, by renewing itself through naturalised seedlings. Alyssum is commonly used as a border plant in cottage gardens and a companion plants in vegetable and herb gardens, as they act as a natural pest repellent for many common vegetable pests.
Advantages of Alyssum Lavender at Dusk
- Early and extended flowering season (all year round, provided there are no frosts)
- Dwarf compact plant producing abundant flowers
- Spectacular mauve fragrant flowers
- Easy to grow, with seeds typically germinating in 10 - 14 days from sowing
- 10 - 15cm height at maturity
- 10 - 15cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Flowers 7 - 8 weeks after sowing
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy annual, although depending on soil moisture, can be self-seeding
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Alyssum Lavender at Dusk
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes