Agave Horrida Renegade is a very rare* and highly sought-after exotic succulent with a distinct growth habit that consists of spiky silvery-green rosettes of up to 50cm across, before daughter rosettes emerge, and the plant forms a large rosette mound up to around 60cm tall. The variety Renegade is a premium cultivar of Agave Horrida, and has been selected for its uniform growth habit and particularly strong resilience, once established. Agave Horrida Renegade does well in pots, rockeries and wide range of gardens, and like all succulents is very drought tolerant, making it a favourite for pots around pools or on balconies where established plants are expected to survive with very little water or attention. The silvery rosettes make this variety a great addition to any garden as the bold texture provides great contrast, and can be used quite effectively in softening (from a landscape design perspective) hard surfaces such as steps, edging or a fence-line.
Agave Horrida plants generally flower once every 10 - 15 years, ensuring seeds are always in short supply and highly sought-after by keen collectors.
Advantages of Agave Horrida Renegade
- Popular spiky-leafed variety
- Stunning silvery-green foliage
- Drought-tolerant perennial
- Hardy and robust succulent
- Ecotic succulent variety
- 50 - 60 cm height at maturity
- 60 cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will tolerate part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow succulent
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Agave Horrida Renegade
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes