Agave Gypsophila Blue Curls is a very rare* and highly sought-after exotic succulent with a distinct growth habit that consists of wavy leaved silvery rosettes of up to 1m across, before daughter rosettes emerge, and the plant forms a large rosette mound up to a metre tall.
Agave Gypsophila Blue Curls does well in pots, rockeries and wide range of gardens, and like all succulents is very drought tolerant, making it a favourite for pots around pools or on balconies where established plants are expected to survive with very little water or attention. The silvery rosettes make this variety a great addition to any garden as the bold texture provides great contrast, and can be used quite effectively in softening (from a landscape design perspective) hard surfaces such as steps, edging or a fence-line.
As Agave Gypsophila Blue Curls is very hardy and maintenance free, it is often used in mass plantings in public spaces as it is a reliable performer.
Agave Gypsophila plants generally flower once every 10 - 15 years, ensuring seeds are always in short supply and highly sought-after by keen collectors.
Advantages of Agave Gypsophila Blue Curls
- Popular curly-leafed variety
- Stunning silvery-green foliage
- Drought-tolerant perennial
- Hardy and robust succulent
- Ecotic succulent variety
- 70 - 100 cm height at maturity
- 100 cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will tolerate part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow succulent
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Agave Gypsophila Blue Curls
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes