Agave Attenuata Foxtail Agave is a very popular landscaping succulent with a distinct growth habit that consists of silvery rosettes of up to 1m across, before daughter rosettes emerge, and the plant forms a large rosette mound up to a metre tall.
Agave Attenuata Foxtail Agave does well in pots, rockeries and wide range of gardens, and like all succulents is very drought tolerant, making a favourite for pots around pools or on balconies where established plants are expected to survive with very little water or attention. The silvery rosettes make this variety a great addition to any garden as the bold texture provides great contrast, and can be used quite effectively in softening (from a landscape design perspective) hard surfaces such as steps, edging or a fence-line.
As Agave Attenuata Foxtail Agave is very hardy and maintenance free, it is often used in mass plantings in public spaces as it is a reliable performer.
Advantages of Agave Attenuata Foxtail Agave
- Popular broad-leafed variety
- Stunning silvery-green foliage
- Drought-tolerant perennial
- Hardy and robust succulent
- 70 - 100 cm height at maturity
- 100 cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will tolerate part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow succulent
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Agave Attenuata Foxtail Agave
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes