Aeonium Lancerottense is a relatively large growing rosette-forming succulent, with the natural plant habit being a round mound of stunning rosettes, accentuated by the bronze-tipped leaf margins which provide a trendy display, year round.
In its native habitat of the Canary Islands, Aeonium Lancerottense is endangered, however, in cultivation it has become a hugely popular choice, in recent years. During Summer, more established plants may produce a large pink inflorescence, which provides a stunning display for several months.
Aeonium Lancerottense does well in pots (including large terrariums), rockeries and wide range of gardens, and like all succulents is very drought tolerant making it a popular choice for low-maintenance landscape designs. The stylish rosettes make this variety a great addition to any garden as the bold texture provides great contrast, and can be used quite effectively in softening (from a landscape design perspective) hard surfaces such as steps, edging or a fence-line.
As Aeonium Lancerottense is very hardy and maintenance free, it is often used in mass plantings in public spaces as it is a reliable performer.
Important note: The seeds of all Aeonium varieties, like most succulents, are very small. You may need to place the clear seed packet on a white piece of paper and hold up to a bright light to see the seeds. Please do not contact us telling us the seed packet was empty! If you are unable to see the tiny seeds, ask someone with better eyesight to assist. Given the small seeds, this variety is best started-off in small (~30mm) coir Jiffy pellets, ideally inside a suitable Plant Propagation Kit (also available from our online store).
Advantages of Aeonium Lancerottense
- Trendy bronze-tipped foliage
- Great for pots and landscape
- Drought-tolerant perennial
- Hardy rosette forming succulent
- 30 - 50 cm height at maturity
- 50 cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy succulent
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in ~30mm Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Aeonium Lancerottense, of selected pack size
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes