These extra large (52mm) Jiffy¨ pellets are a commercial grade compressed peat pellet suitable for a range of horticultural applications including:
Seed Propagation - ideal for producing compact, uniform and hardy seedlings with improved germination and transplanting.
Cutting Propagation - ideal for the vegetative propagation of many softwood & semi-hardwood plant varieties.
Other applications - also suitable for many other horticultural applications including hydroponics.
As the name suggests Jiffy¨- compressed peat pellets are made of mildly acidic (pH: 5.2 - 6.6) compressed peat. The use of a peat substrate may be more suitable for the germination of certain plant varieties (i.e. Blueberries) or for the propagation of cuttings of others (i.e. Hydrangea). As these pellets expand to around 95mm tall, they are suitable for a range of cuttings which may be too small for smaller pellets.
Jiffy¨ pellets provide the convenience of optimal water retention, therefore generally require watering once every few days, unlike sand, vermiculite and peat mixes which require frequent watering.
The range of Jiffy¨ products including pellets are a professional grade product used widely by the nursery industry in Australia. For instructions on how to use these Jiffy¨ compressed peat pellets, please see our Seed Sowing Guide for Jiffy Pellets.
What we love
- Premium peat substrate (mildly acidic pH) ideal for propagation
- Optimal moisture retention suitable for germination
- Balanced air-filled porosity
- Produces compact, uniform and hardy plants
- Decreased crop-cycle time & provides stress-free transplanting
Product Details & Specifications
- Jiffy¨ pellets are made of premium compressed peat packed into a fine teabag-like mesh
- The 52mm Jiffy¨ pellets are approximately 50mm(W) by 23mm(H) whilst compressed and expand to approximately 52mm(W) by 95mm(H), once soaked in water
What am I Purchasing?
- 52mm XL Jiffy¨ Compressed peat pellets, of selected pack size