The Jiffy®-7 Tray Packs are a convenient and cost-effective propagation solution proven to produce compact, uniform and hardy seedlings and ensure stress-free transplanting as the root systems of young plants are contained within the fibrous coir substrate.
The tray liners ensure plants growing in Jiffy®-7 pellets are contained to each pellet and the seedling tray holds both the liner and the Jiffy®-7 pellets.
These 35mm Jiffy®-7 Compressed coir pellets are suitable for a range of horticultural applications including:
Seed Propagation - Ideal for producing compact, uniform and hardy seedlings with improved germination and transplanting.
Cutting Propagation - Ideal for the vegetative propagation of many softwood plant varieties.
Other applications - Also suitable for many other horticultural applications including hydroponics.
As the name suggests Jiffy®-7 compressed coir pellets are made of compressed coir. For the germination of most plant varieties, coir is generally more suitable than common peat as coir is lighter (enabling germinating seedlings to push through easier) has improved air-filled porosity and a lower EC.
The seedlings growing in Jiffy®-7 pellets in this listing image are of Geranium "Black Velvet" we have recently grown and highlight how this quick and easy method can produce high quality seedlings with little fuss. Jiffy®-7 pellets provide the convenience of optimal water retention, therefore generally require watering once every few days, unlike sand, vermiculite and peat mixes which require more frequent watering.
In order to ensure you achieve great results when planting seeds with jiffy pellets, be sure to follow the Seed Sowing Guide for Jiffy Pellets (available from our online store HELP menu).
The range of Jiffy®-7 products including pellets are a professional grade product used widely by the nursery industry in Australia.
Kit Inclusions per Tray
- 1 x Tray Liner (56-cell)
- 56 x Jiffy®-7 coir pellets (35mm)
Available seedling tray styles
||Suitable for a wide range of pots, punnets, tubes and even large Jiffy® pellets as the inside base of the tray is flat. This tray style has 8 label holder slits (2 each side) at the top edges of the tray.
||Similar to Flat Mesh tray, except with improved drainage as a result of corrugated base, however not suitable for Jiffy® pellets. This tray style has 4 label holder slits at the top edges of the tray.
||This is a solid tray without any holes whatsoever. This tray style is best suited to hydroponics related applications, or in combination with a tray liner and/or with Jiffy® pellets.
Jiffy®-7 compressed coir pellets
The Jiffy®-7 compressed coir pellets are made of compressed coir and once soaked, will expand to approximately 35mm wide and 38mm high. For the germination of most plant varieties, coir is generally more suitable than traditional seed-raising mixes as coir is lighter (enabling germinating seedlings to push through easier) and has improved air-filled porosity and a lower EC. The tray liners have drainage holes, therefore we recommend the selection of the Solid Hydro tray style to enable the Jiffy®-7 pellets to be watered by adding water to the tray. The tray liners enable Jiffy®-7 pellets to be lifted, excess water drained from the Solid Hydro tray and pellets/tray liners placed back into the tray.
Product Details & Specifications
- Seedling trays are made of a durable black plastic and measure approximately 350 x 295 x 55mm.
- Jiffy®-7 pellets are supplied as compressed coir and measure approximately 30mm(w) x 14mm(h) and expand to 35mm(w) x 38mm(h) once soaked.
- Tray liners are made of thin black plastic and measure approximately 330mm(l) x 290mm(w) x 55mm(h).
- Please refer to the relevant photo in the gallery to see the appearance and dimension of the Jiffy®-7 pellets, tray liner and seedling tray options.
- If you have a specific request or would like to clarify any specific details, please message us before making a purchase to ensure this item will meet your requirements.
What am I Purchasing?
- Seedling trays, of selected seedling tray type (Flat Mesh, Corrugated, or Solid Hydro) and pack size
- Each seedling tray includes 1 x 56-cell Tray liner and 56 x Jiffy®-7 coir pellets (35mm)