Hibiscus Rosella Bella is an exotic pink-flowering annual (growing to about 1m) that makes an intriguing addition to any garden and provides a supply of even more intriguing flower-fruit that can be used for making jams, cooking and for colouring a range of desserts. Please remember, do not eat flowers and fruit raw, follow recipes that can be found in books and on reputable online sites. The most spectacular use however for the Hibiscus Rosella Bella flower-fruits is the preparation of a preserve (also commercially available), and then placing one of the flower-fruits into a champagne glass and shortly after filling the glass with champagne, watch the flower gradually open before your very eyes, quite stunning.
The compact Hibiscus Rosella Bella shrubs consist of green-grey foliage with red stems and veins, providing a beautiful display whilst you wait for the plant for flower-fruit, generally in 3 - 4 months of establishing seedlings successfully. Hibiscus Rosella Bella is an improved selection of the annual Hibiscus sabdariffa variety.
Advantages of Hibiscus Rosella Bella
- Modern cultivar of wild hibiscus
- Exotic flower, foliage and colour
- Profuse flowering-fruiting variety
- Suitable for jams, cooking and drinks
- 50-100cm height at maturity
- Plant in garden, allowing at least 50cm space
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow annual garden shrub
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Hibiscus Rosella Bella
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes