This excellent variety of zucchini is rewarding in any home vegetable garden, as it is one of the earliest fruiting varieties (as early as only 7 weeks after sowing) and produces many tender, glossy, soft-skinned and lightly sweet zucchinis. The fruit is exceptionally tender, with a creamy texture, unlike the thick pulpy zucchinis sold by the supermarkets these days. The plants are generally quite compact (for a zucchini), but are extremely heavy yielding, so for a typical household, 5 or 6 healthy plants will provide you with more zucchinis than you will know what to do with. Like all zucchinis, they require a sunny spot in the garden and for the leaves to remain dry during watering, and remember to pick the fruit when they are 15cm, don't let them get too big. Zucchini Black Beauty 229 is a species of Cucurbita pepo.
Advantages of Zucchini Black Beauty 229
- Early and heavy yielding variety
- Consistent, high quality fruit (13 - 18cm) don't let them get any bigger.
- Strong pest and disease resistance
- 40 - 60cm height at maturity
- 50 - 60cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Requires full sun
- Will grow in most regions of Australia (avoid humid periods)
- Hardy Spring, Summer, Autumn vegetable (avoid Winter frosts)
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Zucchini Black Beauty 229
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes