Xanthorrhoea Dwarf Blackboy is a native Australian grass tree with a wide natural distribution across eastern Australia. As its name suggests, Xanthorrhoea Dwarf Blackboy is a more compact growing form of grass tree making it ideal for pots or landscape applications where a shorter plant is more desirable.
Like all grass trees, Xanthorrhoea Dwarf Blackboy is a slow growing variety and is used in gardens to provide a rustic, rural or native character and to contrast with existing garden shrubs and provide textures to soften harsh surrounds. This variety is also of architectural appeal as it does spectacularly well in pots beside/inside buildings, in foyer areas or out in the open near a pool or perhaps a modern courtyard. During the first 4 - 5 years of growth, the plant grows as a reed-like grass, before the emergence of the characteristic trunk. Xanthorrhoea Dwarf Blackboy is a native grass tree, Xanthorrhoea Resinosa.
Advantages of Xanthorrhoea Dwarf Blackboy
- Beautiful architectural plant
- Long-lived specimen tree
- Ideal for pots
- Hardy once established
- 1m+ height at maturity (but generally slow growing)
- Spacings depend of intended use, however 1m+ is generally advisable
- Only relatively mature plants generally flower
- Suitable for part-shade and full sun
- Drought tolerant
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Perennial plant requiring 10+ years to be fully mature
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Xanthorrhoea Dwarf Blackboy
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes