Viburnum Sargentii Hiro is a popular deciduous shrub planted for its beautiful spring and summer flower florets that give way to graceful autumn colour as leaves change to a pale yellow, golden yellow, orange, burgundy and gradually fall as the night time temperatures get colder during the approach of winter. Older plants develop beautiful trunks and grow in to small elegant deciduous trees with a maximum height of up to 4 metres.
This stylish variety of Viburnum holds on to its distinctive three-lobed maple like leaves throughout autumn, providing a spectacular display to signal the changing of the seasons.
Viburnum Sargentii is native to northern Asia, however many different cultivars have been cultivated form many years as the plants are actually very robust and quite easy to grow. They are generally pest and disease resistant and handle a very diverse range of growing conditions from very hot to quite cold, and are also relatively drought tolerant, once established.
Advantages of Viburnum Sargentii Hiro
- Spring-summer flowering variety
- Spectacular display of Autumn colour
- Beautiful specimen shrub ideal for colourful backdrop
- 2-3 metre deciduous shrub
- Textured trunk with beautiful shape
- Extra-low maintenance (very hardy)
- 2 - 3m height in the first 3 years, but can grow tup to 4m as the plant matures
- 2.5m apart is suitable planting distance though these are generally planted as features
- Will grow in part-shade but requires at least moderate levels of sun
- Generally drought tolerant once established
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Viburnum Sargentii Hiro
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes