The tomato variety, Tomato Tommy Cherry Fountain is a modern variant of the highly popular classic cherry tomato variety Tommy Toe. As alluded to by its name, Tomato Tommy Cherry Fountain produces plentiful flowing stems of small (25mm round), crisp and juicy cherry tomato fruits which very often resemble a fountain of fruit. The variety Tomato Tommy Cherry Fountain is one of the earliest fruiting varieties of tomato, which is both long-lived, and a strong producer, which is sure to provide an extremely rewarding experience for any gardener. Provided Tomato Tommy Cherry Fountain plants have enough calcium (add lime to the soil if the base of fruit starts to turn brown and rot), the fruit is very long-lasting and can last up to 2-weeks in the kitchen fruit-bowl.
This variety does best if it is staked (not compulsory) and remember, like all tomato varieties, will require a sunny spot in the garden and for the leaves to remain dry during watering. Marigolds can be inter-planted with this tomato variety, as they act as a natural insect pest repellent, please visit our store for more details.
Advantages of Tomato Tommy Cherry Fountain
- Early fruiting variety
- Small cherry fruit - excellent for home-gardeners
- Sweet, juicy & fragrant fruit
- Extremely heavy yielding variety, with months of continual harvesting
- Generally vigorous plant, provided it has sufficient nutrition, particularly phosphorus
- 60 - 80cm height at maturity (but can 'climb' 80cm+, if staked)
- 50 - 80cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Requires full sun
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy Spring, Summer, Autumn vegetable (avoid winter frosts)
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Tomato Tommy Cherry Fountain
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes