Ranunculus Chateau Double Mix is a hybrid ranunculus variety specifically developed to produces spectacularly large and bright double flowers. Ranunculus Chateau Double Mix is an excellent cool weather bedding plant and is highly suitable as a cut flower due to its exceptionally good vase life. The Ranunculus Chateau Double Mix consists of a specially selected mix of mostly pure-coloured varieties which flower in amazingly bright shades of, pink, red, purple, orange, yellow and white.
Ranunculus seedlings are generally planted in Autumn to ensure plants flower from mid-late winter through to Spring. Following Spring flowering, plants generally commence a dormancy process, with the above ground foliage dying-back and leaving the corm (bulb) underground, ready to shoot back in late Autumn. Ranunculus corms may be left in the ground and do not need to be lifted. Ranunculus plants can take some time to establish from seed (germination up to 3months is common), therefore it is advisable to leave corms in the ground to ensure continued strong flowering the following season.
Advantages of Ranunculus Chateau Double Mix
- Very Early flowering season (mid-Winter through to Spring)
- Highly suitable as a cut flower
- Bright double flowers on single stems
- 40 - 50cm height at maturity
- 25 - 30cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Prefers part shade
- Suitable for pots and best suited to Southern Australia
- Hardy winter-spring flowering bulbous perennial
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Ranunculus Chateau Double Mix
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes