This popular variety of bright orange pumpkin is sure to be highly rewarding in any home vegetable garden, as it is one of the earliest fruiting varieties (as early as only 10 weeks after sowing). When cooked, the fruit has a beautiful buttery/creamy texture, unlike the pulpy pumpkins shipped-out by the supermarkets from the cold store these days. Like all pumpkins, they require a sunny spot in the garden and for the leaves to remain dry during watering. Whilst pumpkins can be picked when they are young for a range of gourmet dishes, they are typically left until the vine dies and the pumpkins turn deep orange, just in time for Halloween. Please remember, all pumpkins like to run, so ensure there is plenty of room in your (or your neighbours!) garden, before deciding on where to plant these seeds.
Advantages of Pumpkin Halloween Orange
- Early and heavy yielding variety
- Bright orange fruit perfect for Halloween
- Strong pest and disease resistance
- 40 - 50cm height at maturity
- 60 - 80cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Requires full sun
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy spring, summer, autumn vegetable (avoid winter frosts)
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Pumpkin Halloween Orange
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes