Phoenix Roebelenii Dwarf Canary Island Date Palm is a very stylish dwarf palm variety often used in high-end designer gardens, plantings in high-visibility feature areas, including foyer and pot applications. The beautiful arching palm fronds anchored to the sculptural and ornately textured trunk provide an exquisite display all year round. Unlike most palm varieties that very quickly outgrow their cute phase (particularly in smaller gardens), the Dwarf Canary Island Date Palm ages gracefully and maintains its beautiful shape and healthy growth. For these reasons, Phoenix Roebelenii Dwarf Canary Island Date Palm is also the ideal bonsai palm, cute, compact and hardy, not to mention elegant.
Despite the timeless appeal of the Dwarf Canary Island Date Palm, the plants are actually very robust and quite easy to grow. They are generally pest and disease resistant and handle a very diverse range of growing conditions from very hot to quite cold, and are also drought tolerant. Unlike many of the common and wild varieties of Palms which tend to grow irregularly and are often difficult to establish, the Dwarf Canary Island Date Palm is highly suitable for landscape applications because of its superior performance.
Advantages of Phoenix Roebelenii Dwarf Canary Island Date Palm
- Strong healthy architectural foliage ideal for landscaping
- Beautiful specimen plant ideal for high-impact feature
- Textured trunk with ornate pattern
- Extra-low maintenance (very hardy)
- 120 - 150cm height in the first 3-5 years, but can grow to 3m over the years
- 2.5m apart is suitable planting distance though these are generally planted as features
- Will grow in part-shade but prefers full sun
- Generally drought & frost tolerant
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Phoenix Roebelenii Dwarf Canary Island Date Palm
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes