In its native habitat in the Amazonian rainforest (Brazil and into Paraguay) Philodendron Adamantinum X is a small to medium sized lush herbaceous perennial with beautifully ornate leaves. Whilst many other Philodendron species have entered common cultivation, Adamantinum X is not common due to the difficulty in securing viable seeds.
In Australia, Philodendron Adamantinum X has been grown with great success in a range of garden situations, particularly underneath large trees (especially palms) where it may be difficult to establish other plants with higher water requirements.
Despite its scarcity, Philodendron Adamantinum X is a relatively easy to grow garden plant that does not require any maintenance, will tolerate soils with generally poor nutrition and is resistant to most common garden pests and diseases.
Advantages of Philodendron Adamantinum X
- Rare Amazonian species
- Beautifully ornate foliage and stems
- Tropical looking plant which will also grow in cooler climates
- Versatile foliage plant suitable in a range of garden applications
- Easy to grow and low maintenance
- Grows well at the base of large trees
- Resistant to most common pests and diseases
- 1.5 - 2m height at maturity
- 1.5 - 2.5m apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers part shade but will grow in sunny aspect
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy herbaceous perennial
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Philodendron Adamantinum X
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes