This popular variety, Passionfruit Edulis Black Max is grown widely for it prized purple fruit, full of sweet but firm passionfruit pulp, ideal of decorating your next cheesecake or pavlova, without the juice dripping all over the place. This relatively vigorous high-yielding passionfruit variety (evergreen perennial vine) produces abundant fruit, which taste delicately sweet and some would say, a rather exotic addition to any fruit salad, not to mention the next pavlova. The fruit is fragrant, yet still sweet and juicy with a smooth texture.
The variety Passionfruit Edulis Black Max is an early fruiting variety, which is both long-lived (perennial) and a strong producer, which is sure to provide an extremely rewarding experience for any gardener, not to mention the kids will have lots of fun picking their own passionfruit from their own garden trellis! Passionfruit Edulis Black Max will require a trellis in a relatively sunny spot in the garden and for the leaves to remain dry during watering. Passionfruit Edulis Black Max is a hardy hybrid cultivar (not a wild species variety), therefore not only produces larger longer-lasting fruit, but also has improved disease-resistance ensuring the plant remains healthier for longer.
Advantages of Passionfruit Edulis Black Max
- Early & heavy fruiting variety
- Abundant supply of fruit - excellent for home-gardeners
- Sweet and juicy fruit with firm pulp
- Extremely heavy yielding variety, with months of continual harvesting each year
- Generally vigorous plant, provided it has sufficient nutrition, particularly calcium & potassium
- 2 - 3m+ height at maturity
- 2 - 4m+ width - 2m apart is a suitable planting distance
- Requires full sun
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy evergreen perennial
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Passionfruit Edulis Black Max
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes