Lomandra Longifolia Warrior is a tall, fast growing and hardy perennial grass most often grown in landscaping applications for its large strappy dark green foliage, which is contrasted by beautiful vanilla coloured flowers (inflorescence) typically in early Spring. The variety Lomandra Longifolia Warrior is grown as a screening plant, in mass-plantings in hard-wearing or difficult areas such as beside buildings or fences and is often planted by local councils along nature or median strips as well as roundabouts where it is typically difficult to get other things to grow.
Lomandra Longifolia Warrior is an Australian native and whilst the Longifolia species is native all the way along the east cost of Australia, the Warrior plants are non-invasive, generally clump into 100x100cm mounds of arching blades of dark green foliage and provide an excellent contrast for structural features (walls, edging, water feature) or exemplify the colour of flowering plants in the garden, teasing out bright reds, oranges, yellows and purples that contrast spectacularly against the bold green foliage. Lomandra Longifolia Warrior is an extremely versatile plant as it is highly frost and drought tolerant, will grow in a range of soils ranging from sandy through to clay and will also handle reasonable periods of excessive wetness in the root zone, although not the ideal environment. Whilst not essential, Lomandra Longifolia Warrior benefits from a deep trim in early Autumn to ensure the tuft remains dense and healthy. Lomandra Longifolia Warrior is an improved selection of the Australian native Lomandra Longifolia, commonly known as Matt Rush.
Advantages of Lomandra Longifolia Warrior
- Stylish landscaping plant
- Extremely hardy and versatile plant
- Beautiful deep green foliage
- Cultivar with improved tuft resilience
- 100 - 120cm height at maturity
- 80cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but can cope with light shade
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Highly drought and frost tolerant once established
- Easy to grow evergreen perennial grass
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Lomandra Longifolia Warrior
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes