This newly released hybrid variety, Lisianthus Red of Purple produces spectacularly bright purple-red, fully double flowers that are suitable as cut flowers due to their long stems and long-lasting performance. The variety Lisianthus Red of Purple is a popular variety, largely as a result of producing the the unique purple-red coloured flowers.
Lisianthus flowers are amongst the most elegant and modern cut-flower varieties, as the beautiful colour of the flowers are accented by dusted silver-green foliage providing a dramatically modern and classy display. The variety Lisianthus Red of Purple is a hybrid variety grown by commercial cut-flower growers supplying only the most discerning florists. Unlike the common species varieties that produce irregular and varied plant and floral characteristics, the Lisianthus Red of Purple is a proven, first class, top performer.
Whilst Lisianthus plants are not the easiest flowers to grow (particularly germinate as the seeds are tiny), provided the seeds are sown after the last frosts, the floral rewards they provide are second to none.
The seeds of Lisianthus Red of Purple are supplied in the form of pelletised seeds for ease of handing and ensure improved germination results.
Seeds of all Lisianthus varieties are quite small and can be tricky to germinate, particularly for beginners. For best results, we recommend the use of our Plant Propagation Kit (also available from our online store).
Important note: The Lisianthus seeds supplied by The Climbing Fig™ are of the highest quality (almost all varieties are pelletised) and are exclusively of modern hybrid varieties used by commercial cut-flower growers. All of the varieties we supply have been selected for their high-quality flowers, vase-life and long stems to ensure maximum floral performance. Other sellers often list compact garden varieties that are generally difficult to germinate, hard to cultivate as the plants do not have an upright tendency and are therefore more prone to diseases. Please remember, Lisianthus plants are not frost-hardy, therefore only sow seeds either in warm or sheltered areas.
Advantages of Lisianthus Red of Purple
- Stunningly elegant bright purple-red flowers
- Modern and elegant cut flower variety
- Hybrid variety Lisianthus
- Pelletised seeds used by commercial growers
- Extended flowering season
- Highly suitable as a cut flower
- 30 - 40cm height at maturity
- 25 - 30cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Lisianthus plants are not frost hardy and prefer warmer sub-tropical environments
- Spectacular herbaceous annual
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium pelletised seeds of Lisianthus Red of Purple
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes