Lemongrass Herbal Stalker is a hardy, fast growing perennial lemongrass variety that is commonly used in predominantly Asian cooking, including in a range of popular stir fries, curries, soups and meat-dishes. In addition to the many culinary uses, lemongrass is an important ingredient in several herbal teas and also has a range of medicinal applications as the natural extracts of the plant are believed to be a soothing remedy for general anxieties presented by the stresses of the modern world.
Lemongrass Herbal Stalker is an improved selection of the superior Cybopogon flexuosus, a far superior and more resilient variety than the more common garden lemongrass variety Cybopogon citratus. The variety Lemongrass Herbal Stalker has been selected for its superior cultivation characteristics, most specifically its persistence/resilience throughout the seasons as many common varieties experience seasonal dieback from time to time or tend to prematurely bolt (flower).
Advantages of Lemongrass Herbal Stalker
- Original lemongrass flavour
- Desirable tender-stalks, ideal for cooking, not as chewy as the citratus varieties!
- Harvestable year-round as this is a perennial lemongrass variety
- Useful in a range of culinary & medicinal applications
- 30-50cm height at maturity
- Plant in herb garden, allowing at least 50cm space
- Prefers moderately shady aspect
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Southern Australia
- Easy to grow garden herb
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Lemongrass Herbal Stalker
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes