The Kohl Rabi Royal Purple is an excellent Kohl Rabi variety, which produces a marvellous 6 - 7cm edible sweet and peppery root vegetable that is often used either raw in dips and salads or cooked in a range of meals including stir-fries stews and soups. The younger leaves of Kohl Rabi plants are also used in salads and are suitable as a spinach alternative.
This variety is a favourite for the home vegie-garden, as it is easy to grow and is generally harvested only 7 - 8 weeks from first sowing, therefore providing quick rewards.
The Kohl Rabi Royal Purple is often grown as a companion plant in vegie-gardens with Beans and Pea plants as well as other vegetable brassicas.
Advantages of Kohl Rabi Royal Purple
- Early harvest variety (7 - 8 weeks from sowing)
- Large purple skinned variety
- Versatile root vegetable great for salads or cooking
- Easy to grow, particularly if direct seeded
- Generally disease-free if planted in full sun
- 30 - 40cm height at maturity
- 20 - 30cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Annual vegetable brassica
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Kohl Rabi Royal Purple
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes