Geranium Divas™ Red Ice is a modern hybrid variety of geranium (pelargonium) that has been specifically developed to produce spectacular two-tone red flowers on very large flower heads, providing a beautiful display of colour, throughout the year.
In the tradition of modern geranium varieties, the Geranium Divas™ Red Ice cultivar incorporates superior plant traits (in addition to the superior floral credentials), including compact plant habits, generally disease free nature, drought tolerance and their general garden hardiness, and reliability as a flower factory, particularly throughout the warmer months!
Geranium plants are generally very easy to grow, handle dry and neglected conditions such as, nature-strips, public spaces or rural gardens very well and continue to flower uniformly, without the need for any maintenance.
Plants in the Geranium Divas™ Range are typically sold as annuals (to the retail potted plant market), however can be grown as perennial plants if they are not moved once established, provided the plants are not in a region that is frost prone, plants can often be successfully grown as a herbaceous perennial.
All varieties in the Geranium Divas™ Range provide ideal focal colour in both modern and traditional gardens and may also be grown in pots, planter boxes or as a bedding plant. These heavy flowering varieties produces long-lasting flowers that provide 8 - 9 months of brilliant colour. The flower heads are suitable as a cut flowers. Geranium varieties are typically easy to grow and provide spectacular colour.
Plants in the Geranium Divas™ Range are modern cultivar hybrids of the species Pelargonium x Hortorum.
Advantages of Geranium Divas™ Red Ice
- Very heavy (and large) flowering variety
- Vigorous but compact plant habit
- Very early and extended flowering season
- Spectacularly bright colour
- Very low maintenance
- Drought tolerant once established
- 25 - 30cm height at maturity
- 30cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Generally pest and disease resistant
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow frost-tender flowering perennial
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Geranium Divas™ Red Ice
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes