Gazania Aztec Hybrids is a modern hybrid polyploid variety of Gazania. This extremely large flowering variety (flowers >10cm across) is a well-performing bedding selection that has a healthy plant habit consisting of beautifully dark green foliage. As Gazania Aztec Hybrids is a hybrid of pure form, the flowers produced by this variety are of spectacularly bright colours consisting predominantly of large pure red, orange, yellow, purple and white flowers, with only a few zebra striped selections.
This recently released superior variety of Gazania is an enormous improvement compared to the naturalised or species varieties which are commonly found in cottage gardens, farmhouses gardens or sometimes sold by nurseries that refuse to move with the times! Gazania Aztec Hybrids can be interplanted with a range of other summer flowering annuals, including Alyssum, Portulaca, Marigolds and Vincas.
Advantages of Gazania Aztec Hybrids
- Extremely large flowers
- Quick growing and heavy flowering variety
- Add instant colour with little effort
- Highly drought tolerant
- Versatile flowering plant suitable in both pots and in the garden
- Easy to grow and low maintenance
- 25 - 30cm height at maturity
- 20 - 30cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy flowering perennial (provided grown in frost-free regions)
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Gazania Aztec Hybrids
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes