Festuca Glauca Alpine Silver™ is a fast growing and hardy perennial grass most often grown in landscaping applications for its beautiful silvery-blue fine foliage. The variety Festuca Glauca Alpine Silver™ is grown as a border plant, in rockery gardens, in pots and a countless range of modern designer gardens where this low-maintenance plant is a reliable performer, adding sophisticated texture and colour. The plants are non-invasive, generally clump into 25x25cm mounds of silver grass and provide an excellent contrast for structural features (walls, edging, water feature) or exemplify the colour of flowering plants in the garden, teasing out bright reds, oranges, yellows and purples that contrast spectacularly against the fine silver foliage.
Whilst not essential, Festuca Glauca Alpine Silver™ benefits from a deep trim in early Autumn to ensure the tuft remains dense and healthy.
Festuca Glauca Alpine Silver™ is an improved selection of the widely cultivated Festuca Glauca, commonly known as Blue Fescue.
Advantages of Festuca Glauca Alpine Silver™
- Stylish landscaping plant
- Beautiful silvery-blue foliage
- Cultivar with improved tuft resilience
- Easy to grow evergreen perennial grass
- Highly drought tolerant once established
- 20 - 25cm height at maturity (18 - 24 months)
- 30cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but can cope with light shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia, however prefers regions with low humidity
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Festuca Glauca Alpine Silver™
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes