Euphorbia Marginata Mountain Snow is a favourite of many a gardener. When the Winter bulbs have died-off, the Spring flowers are not up yet and the rest of the garden is looking dry and derelict, you can still rely on Euphorbia Marginata Mountain Snow for some colour, albeit mostly in the form of white variegated green leaves. This highly versatile plant is grown in a diverse range of conditions and thrives with essentially no attention.
Euphorbia Marginata Mountain Snow generally performs well in pots, rockeries and wide range of gardens, and like all succulents is very drought tolerant. This succulent shrub is a great addition to any garden as the Mountain Snow texture provides great texture and can be used quite effectively in softening (from a landscape design perspective) hard surfaces such as steps, edging or a fence-line. At the early stages of growth (first 30cm of coverage) Euphorbia Marginata Mountain Snow is very fast growing with predominantly green growth and as the growth rate slows, the extent of the white coloration of the leaves becomes more apparent.
Euphorbia Marginata Mountain Snow is very hardy and maintenance free, it is often used in mass plantings in public spaces, or in rockeries, particularly cascading (tiered) aspects as it is a consistently reliable performer. Please note, Euphorbia Marginata Mountain Snow, like all Euphorbia species should not be planted in areas where children may come into contact with the plant, particularly the milky sap which can cause irritation, inflammation and other serious medical conditions.
Advantages of Euphorbia Marginata Mountain Snow
- Brilliant year round white snow (colour)
- Cute addition to any garden
- Drought-tolerant succulent
- Hardy compact perennial
- 50 - 60 cm height at maturity
- 50 cm apart is a suitable planting distance (plant can spread up to 80cm)
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow herbaceous perennial
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Euphorbia Marginata Mountain Snow
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes