This product is available in a range of lengths. In order to ensure you receive the best value, click on the drop-down box at the top of this listing to select a larger pack size.
Cineraria Silver Dust is a popular silver-leafed compact perennial shrub grown in a range of common garden settings, for its beautiful dusted silvery foliage which provides spectacular contrast to brighter colours (Please see photo. The silver-leafed Cineraria Silver Dust, provides excellent amplification to the bright-red flowered bedding begonias). Cineraria Silver Dust produces a small yellow flower in Spring, however most formal gardens/landscapes, this flower stem is trimmed to maintain a compact silver bush, throughout the year.
Cineraria Silver Dust is suitable for pots, borders, rockeries and other garden situations, particularly in moderately dry areas where it may be difficult to establish other plants with higher water requirements.
Cineraria Silver Dust is an easy to grow perennial shrub that requires very little maintenance, will tolerate soils with generally poor nutrition and is resistant to most common garden pests and diseases.
Cineraria Silver Dust is often sold as Silverdust, Silver Ragwort or referred to by its scientific name Senecio cineraria.
Advantages of Cineraria Silver Dust
- Beautiful dusted silvery foliage
- Perennial variety
- Versatile flowering plant suitable in both pots and in the garden
- Easy to grow and low maintenance
- Resistant to most common pests and diseases
- 30 - 45cm height at maturity
- 30 - 40cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy evergreen perennial
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Cineraria Silver Dust (option available to select either raw or pelletised seed)
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes