This premium variety, Capsicum Bell Red on Green is a large fruiting modern cultivar variety. Unlike the heirloom varieties that produce small fruit that shrivel by the time they ripen, Capsicum Bell Red on Green is a modern variety grown by commercial growers to produce large thick-walled, long-lasting bell-shaped, crunchy sweet capsicum fruit. This variety produces more than a dozen 3-4 lobed fruit, which actually taste the way capsicum should! Fragrant, crunchy, sweet and juicy with a crisp texture, unlike the rubbery pulp the supermarkets call capsicum these days!
The large capsicum fruits of Capsicum Bell Red on Green can be harvested when they are full-sized but still green, or can be allowed to ripen on the plant and turn brilliant bright, a process which also allows the sugar levels to increase in the fruit. The large sweet fruit of Capsicum Bell Red on Green is great for a range of dishes including stir-frys where the sweet addition of Capsicum Bell Red on Green fruits provide a stunningly sweet addition to liven things up! This variety does best if it is in a sunny spot in the garden and the leaves to remain dry during watering. Marigolds can be inter-planted with this capsicum variety, as they act as a natural insect pest repellent, please visit our store for more details.
Advantages of Capsicum Bell Red on Green
- Large fruiting variety
- Sweet, crunchy and juicy green (turning red) fruit with crisp flesh
- Extremely heavy yielding variety, with months of continual harvesting
- Generally vigorous plant, provided it has sufficient nutrition, particularly phosphorus
- 30 - 50cm height at maturity
- 40 - 50cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Requires full sun
- Will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy Spring, Summer, Autumn vegetable (avoid winter frosts)
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Capsicum Red on Green
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes