The variety Blueberry Blue Duke is a modern blueberry variety bred to incorporate the very best blueberry traits, including early-yielding traits on a healthy plant, not to mention the tastiest blueberries imaginable. This popular variety produces large, bright blue-purple fruit, which actually taste the way blueberries should! Fragrant, sweet and juicy with a smooth texture, unlike the rubbery pulp the supermarkets call blueberries these days! Blueberry Blue Duke is an extended harvesting variety which means it start fruiting very early in the season and keep on producing well into Summer, and as a result is constantly covered with the beautiful white flowers providing cheerful colour around the garden.
Like all blueberry varieties, Blueberry Blue Duke will need to be planted into an acidic soil high in organic matter, requires a sunny spot in the garden and for the leaves to remain dry during watering. Blueberry Blue Duke is generally pest and disease resistant if the leaves are kept dry, however the bigger challenge will be keeping adventurous birds from devouring the fruits of your labour!
Advantages of Blueberry Blue Duke
- Early fruiting modern variety
- Heavy-yielding high-bush variety
- Sweet and juicy large fruit
- Extremely heavy yielding variety, with months of continual harvesting
- Robust plant, provided it has sufficient nutrition, particularly calcium, potassium and phosphorus
- 1.2 - 1.8m height at maturity
- 60 - 80cm apart is suitable planting distance
- Requires full sun but requires acidic soils (pH: 4.5 - 6.0)
- Will grow in most regions of Australia but can develop mildews in continually humid weather
- Hardy Spring and Summer fruit (avoid winter frosts)
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Blueberry Blue Duke
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes