Premium compressed coir that is a light-weight potting-mix substitute suitable for a range of uses around the garden including seed propagation, repotting or general purpose potting. With the simple addition of water and some light mixing in a wheelbarrow, each of these 4.5kg compressed coir blocks expand to produce up to 70L of premium coir mix.
The mix produced by the Besgrow® coir block is suitable for a many horticultural applications including:
General Purpose Potting - Simply use as the expanded coir peat as a regular potting mix. The mix is lighter weight (because it does not include sand) and has a higher water holding capacity than cheap bark based potting mixes available from supermarkets and hardware stores. Many nurseries incorporate coir peat into commercial potting mixes to improve substrate properties, including texture, CEC and AFP.
Seed Propagation - Coir peat is a great choice for achieving strong germination results (due to high surface area of substrate), the foundation for high quality seedlings. Depending on the plant variety being grown from seed, sand or GP vermiculite may also be incorporated into a suitable propagation mix.
Cutting Propagation - Ideal for vegetative propagation of many softwood plant varieties due to improved levels of near-stem water retention.
Other applications - Also suitable for many other horticultural applications including as an additive to many horticultural substrates.
The Besgrow® Precision coir block is made of finely screened coconut pith and then compressed to form a premium coir block with a naturally very low salt index and natural nutritional content, including potassium and other essential nutrients. Coir is generally lighter weight than common peat and pine-bark as coir based mix has a superior structure to common pine-bark based potting mixes and therefore produces superior results for seed germination, as coir is lighter (enabling germinating seedlings to push through easier) and has improved air-filled porosity and a lower EC.
This Besgrow® Precision compressed coir block is a professional grade product used widely by the nursery industry in Australia.
EnduraMax™ TE Fertiliser (optional extra)
Whilst the compressed coir blocks contain natural nutrition, for best results we recommend the addition of EnduraMAX TE slow release fertiliser a premium controlled release fertiliser which contains a range of essential plant nutrients including a full suite of important trace-elements. If the coir mix is going to be used for seed propagation or general potting we recommend including the 200 grams per block fertiliser option.
For the full nutritional analysis of EnduraMAX TE slow release fertiliser, please refer to the relevant image in the image gallery.
EnduraMax™ TE Fertiliser is also available separately from our online store.
Instant Garden Bed™ Range (optional extra)
As a special offer, we are offering the Besgrow® Precision compressed coir block with a range of garden bed options from the Instant Garden Bed™ Range which includes a Regular sized bed with a nominal volume of 126 litres, width of 80cm and height of 25cm, once filled. The Large size has a nominal volume of 236 litres, width of 100cm and height of 30cm, once filled.
We are also offering a jumbo pack, which includes 2x Besgrow® Precision compressed coir blocks, 200g of Osmocote® Pro fertiliser and a 126 Litre Instant Garden Bed™, everything you need to get a garden bed going, for under $100, inclusive of garden bed, mix, fertiliser and delivery! Now thats a bargain.
These garden beds are know for being:
- Convenient - quick and easy to set-up, plant & grow
- Durable - made from high-density, UV-stabilised geotextile fabric
- Breathable - the geotextile fabric provides excellent drainage & air circulation
- Versatile - easy to empty, pack-away, and set-up again, great for kids & rentals
- Safe - no sharp edges or timber/steel treatment chemicals to seep into your crop
The natural choice for your next garden bed! These instant garden beds, in two sizes, are also available separately from our online store.
What we love
- Great value for money with large expanded volume
- Made of screened fines of premium pith-dominated coir
- Produces high quality coir peat mix
- Coir peat mix (lighter than peat) ideal for potting & propagation
- Enhanced moisture retention suitable for germination
- Balanced air-filled porosity
- High nutrient retention capacity
Coir Block Details & Specifications
- The Besgrow® Precision compressed coir block is of fixed volume and weighs approximately 4.5kg - the actual weight may vary slightly due to variations in coir density used during the manufacturing process
- pH 5.5 - 6.0 (mildly acidic)
- EC (mS/cm) 0.6 - 6.0
- Compressed moisture fraction <20%
What am I Purchasing?
- Besgrow® Precision Compressed Coir Block (fixed volume and weighs approximately 4.5kg), of selected pack size
- Optional 200 grams EnduraMAX TE slow release fertiliser per block, by selecting the fertiliser option
- Optional Instant Garden Bed™, by selecting the garden bed option