Basil Lemon Basil is an improved selection of the common lemon basil variety. Basil Lemon Basil is popular in a range of teas and is also used in cooking and on occasion in floristry, for its beautiful lemon-scented fragrance. Basil Lemon Basil has been selected for its superior cultivation characteristics, most specifically the delayed onset of flowering, which generally marks the end of the harvesting period for common basil varieties. Whilst Basil Lemon Basil will eventually flower, regular deep trimming, will prolong the vegetative phase of growth, ensuring you continue to harvest bunches and bunches of tender crispy basil for many months.
Advantages of Basil Lemon Basil
- Popular lemon basil flavour
- Desirable tender-leafed basil, better for salads and cooking, not just garnishes!
- Harvestable for an extended period as this is a slow bolting variety (delayed onset of floral development)
- 25-30cm height at maturity
- Plant in herb garden, allowing at least 30cm space
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Easy to grow garden herb
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Basil Lemon Basil
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes