Armeria Kai Hybrid Pink is a newly released ultra-modern Armeria variety selected for its compact growth habit and brilliant pure pink flowers (also available in white, Kai Hybrid White and red, Kai Hybrid Red).
Armeria Kai Hybrid Pink is an extremely hardy compact evergreen perennial plant growing to approximately 15cm that produces spectacularly bright pink flowers on elegant dwarf agapanthus-like spikes approximately 30 - 35cm tall. Armeria varieties provide spectacular colour, are generally easy to grow and do well with very little attention, provided they are planted in relatively well-drained soils that do not get (or stay) wet for extended periods of time.
This heavy flowering variety of Armeria, Armeria Kai Hybrid Pink produces long-lasting flower spikes that provide months of brilliant colour and are suited perfectly for modern landscapes (deep green hardy foliage, year round) as well as rockery gardens, pots, or neglected areas in cottage gardens. If planted with spacing under 30cm apart, Armeria Kai Hybrid Pink can also be used as an informal groundcover as the plant tuffs join together forming a beautiful deep green blanket that comes alive with beautiful red flowers in Spring and throughout the warmer months.
Important note: Armeria plants are heavy flowering, hardy evergreen plants often grown to provide brilliant agapanthus-like garden colour. Whilst most agapanthus varieties provide great colour, unfortunately pink and red flowering varieties are not available. Fortunately, Armeria varieties (particularly the Kai Hybrids™) provide an excellent option to add high-performance colour, to your garden. Armeria varieties belong to the A. x hybrida genus-species and are not members of the Agapanthus family. However, these plants will flower in brilliant red, pink or white colour as indicated in the respective listing, unlike the varieties deceptively passed-off as "Pink Agapanthus" or other imaginary variants. The pink-tinged agapanthus varieties are sterile and can only be grown through aseptic techniques (tissue-culture), not from seed, therefore anyone claiming to supply pink flowering agapanthus seeds should be treated suspiciously, as they are often also the same sellers selling blue raspberries and black strawberries, also clearly fake products. To reiterate, anyone selling PINK AGAPANTHUS SEEDS, is SELLING FAKES.
Advantages of Armeria Kai Hybrid Pink
- Spectacularly beautiful brilliant pink flower spikes
- Very heavy flowering variety
- Beautiful deep green foliage year round
- Drought and salt tolerant
- Extended flowering variety
- 30 - 40cm height at maturity
- 40cm apart is a suitable planting distance or closer (25cm) if a groundcover effect is desired
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Requires well drained soil
- Easy to grow flowering perennial
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Armeria Kai Hybrid Pink
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes