Arctotis Carnivale Mix is a high performing, landscape grade commercial cultivar of Arctotis, with beautifully large flowers in a range of brightly coloured flowers in vivid tones of red, white, yellow, pink, orange and several bicolour variants. Arctotis plants belong to the Asteracea, the daisy family, and therefore show some resemblance to Gerbera, Gazania and Osteospermum daisies, many of which are also stocked at our store.
Arctotis plants are generally very easy to grow, handle dry and neglected conditions such as roundabouts, nature-strips, public spaces or rural gardens very well and continue to flower uniformly, without the need for any maintenance.
Whilst Arctotis plants are typically sold as annuals (to the retail potted plant market), but are generally clumping short-lived perennial plants that spread gradually as the clumps grow year after year. If plants are not moved once established, provided the plants are not in a region that is frost prone, plants can often be grown as a self-renewing perennial.
Whilst Arctotis plants produce the most spectacularly vivid flowers in the garden (or equally well in pots), the flowers close-up during overcast or night time conditions, rendering these plants as unsuitable as a cut flower.
It is important to recognise that the modern hybrid varieties of Arctotis, particularly varieties like Arctotis Carnivale Mix are infinitely superior varieties when compared to the naturalised or species varieties which are commonly found in cottage gardens, farmhouses gardens or sometimes sold by nurseries that refuse to move with the times! Seeds in the Arctotis Carnivale Mix supplied by The Climbing Fig are of the highest standard used by commercial growers, are stored in optimal conditions to ensure maximum seed viability and are not garden collected like some of the cheaper supplies that may become available from time to time.
Advantages of Arctotis Carnivale Mix
- Extremely large brightly coloured flowers
- Dusted silver coloured foliage
- Modern hybrid commercial variety
- Quick growing and heavy flowering variety
- Highly drought tolerant
- Versatile flowering plant suitable in both pots and in the garden
- Easy to grow and extremely low maintenance
- 30 - 35cm height at maturity
- 20 - 30cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Hardy flowering perennial (provided grown in frost-free regions)
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Arctotis Carnivale Mix
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes