Amaranthus Tricolor Perfecta is a variety of Amaranthus also known as Joseph's coat, is a colourful addition to any garden during the warmer months. The kaleidoscope of colour from this fast growing variety starts with the yellow growing tips, quickly turning red as the leaves grow, eventually turning green, with burgundy coloured streaks. In its native habitat in Asia, the leaves of Amaranthus Tricolor Perfecta are believed to be used as a colourful garnish in cooking and salads, however we suggest this be used as an ornamental only, and perhaps plant some Nasturtiums (available in the Herbs section of our store) with an edible garnish is required. This variety is best grown in the sub-tropics or a sheltered area in cooler areas as Amaranthus Tricolor Perfecta is not frost hardy.
Advantages of Amaranthus Tricolor Perfecta
- Fast growing colourful annual
- Easy to grow and low maintenance
- Resistant to most common pests and diseases
- 60 - 90cm height at maturity
- 25 - 30cm apart is a suitable planting distance
- Prefers full sun but will grow in part shade
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most frost-free regions
- Hardy fast growing annual
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Amaranthus Tricolor Perfecta
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes