Agapanthus Eternal White produces spectacularly beautiful pure-white flower heads and true to its name, Eternal White, repeatedly flowers throughout most of the year. The large flower heads are very long-lasting and provide a spectacular display of colour in the garden over an extended period, and are also suitable for cutting.
Agapanthus Eternal White is a popular variety as it is a very strong garden performers because of the clean glossy leaf-blades, beautiful flowers and resilience towards many common pests and diseases. This variety is drought tolerant and generally very low maintenance.
Unlike many of the common and wild varieties of Agapanthus which tend to flower infrequently and generally shed excessive leaves post-flowering, the Agapanthus Eternal White cultivar is specifically suited to landscape applications because of its superior performance and resilience.
Important note: Armeria plants are heavy flowering, hardy evergreen plants often grown to provide brilliant agapanthus-like garden colour. Whilst most agapanthus varieties provide great colour, unfortunately pink and red flowering varieties are not available. Fortunately, Armeria varieties (particularly the Kai Hybrids™) provide an excellent option to add high-performance colour, to your garden. Armeria varieties belong to the A. x hybrida genus-species and are not members of the Agapanthus family. However, these plants will flower in brilliant red, pink or white colour as indicated in the respective listing, unlike the varieties deceptively passed-off as "Pink Agapanthus" or other imaginary variants. The pink-tinged agapanthus varieties are sterile and can only be grown through aseptic techniques (tissue-culture), not from seed, therefore anyone claiming to supply pink flowering agapanthus seeds should be treated suspiciously, as they are often also the same sellers selling blue raspberries and black strawberries, also clearly fake products. To reiterate, anyone selling PINK AGAPANTHUS SEEDS, is SELLING FAKES.
Advantages of Agapanthus Eternal White
- Profuse flowering with striking pure-white flowers
- Large elegant and long-lasting flower heads
- Extended flowering season (most of the year)
- Strong healthy vegetative growth is ideal for landscaping
- Extra-low maintenance (suitable for borders, pots and mass plantings)
- 25 - 40cm plant height (flowers will spike to around 60cm)
- 25 - 30cm apart is suitable planting distance for clumping
- Flowers warmer months (spring, summer, autumn)
- Suitable for part-shade and full sun
- Drought & frost tolerant
- Suitable for pots and will grow in most regions of Australia
- Bulbous perennial plant fully mature in 2 years
Seed Sowing Instructions
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes are provided with every seed purchase
- Seeds of this variety are best started in seed raising mix or Jiffy® pellets before planting into the garden
What am I Purchasing?
- Premium seeds of Agapanthus Eternal White
- Easy to follow seed propagation notes